Thursday, February 28, 2008

In the Belly of the Beast...

I'd like to talk about environmental issues...I really would. That would be a much needed vacation for me right now. I can't though...not yet...youngest daughter is in the middle of a really bad manic episode. At some point, someone is going to read this blog and think "Does this woman do anything other than bitch and moan?" All I can say is--If you have bipolar disorder or schizophrenia or some psychiatric diagnosis along those lines...or if someone close to you that you love has such a diagnosis...then you understand. If your life has been so "lucky" to have not been affected by psychiatric illness in some fashion...be grateful...be thankful...go read the fabulous eco-warrior blogs out there and fight the good fight for me.

My youngest is hearing voices/noises again...ones that aren't real. It's happened before during manic episodes, but it frightens me each time I hear that it is happening. We've just about maxed out our pharmaceutical options...that means we might be headed for another stay in the hospital. She'll turn 12 years old in under two weeks. School isn't going well for her...teachers are getting tired of "dealing with her". I'm getting fatigued...very fatigued...which I'm sure is nothing in comparison to what she is feeling...

On a happier note...my sister is doing well. She had a mastectomy a couple of days ago as I noted in an earlier post...but she is recovering...and that is a very good thing.

Another happy thought...I discovered that a lady I work fairly closely with is becoming more and more interested in environmental issues. She is interested in hearing/talking about recycling, getting rid of plastic bags/water bottles, composting and sustainable living. It is nice to be able to have an actual conversation...face to face with someone about it...it challenges me and forces me to be "up to speed" with various eco-friendly concepts.

I'm gonna cut this short and go get some sleep. It is the best thing I can do when I feel like I'm living in the belly of the beast. Happier times are ahead folks...before you know it, I'll be just ducky again.

No comments: