Saturday, February 9, 2008

Meme...and other things Beaker and the Road Runner used to say...

Heavens to Murgatroyd! What in the devil is going on here? I'm getting tagged left and right! I can't help but get the feeling that memes are kind of the chain letters of the blogosphere...without the whole "if you don't do___ within 3 days your beloved will die and your house will forever smell like moldy cheese" thing tagged on at the end. Good thing too, because I'm allergic to mold and my husband and I have already decided that having 2 teenagers with mood disorders and 2 puppies is way more hell-like than death...which we often joke would be the "easy way out" and far more peaceful...And he's not leaving me alone with the kids at this point! No easy way out, Man! Don't even think it!

And doesn't the word 'meme' make you think of Beaker from the Muppet Show? He was so cool...his facial expressions were priceless. It also sounds a little like the Road Runner, but his sound is more of a "meep, meep"...which is different, but still funny.

Anyways--on to Burbanmom's (http://burbanmom.blogspot.com/) meme rules:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

See how I snuck that link in there, Burbanmom?...I'm quick like that...Fast as lightnin'!

And now to the ultra-cool random things about myself...
  • I love the television show Psych. I haven't missed an episode yet. It is a comedy about a psychic detective--who isn't really psychic, but totally faking it. The characters are spot-on. And whoever writes that friggin' show has my sense of humor...completely and utterly my twin in a parallel universe...I'm convinced it is written by someone(s) that was born in the mid-70s and grew up in the 80s. I catch EVERY funny reference they throw in and laugh my butt off.
  • My dream job would either be the Quality Control person at the Crayola crayon factory or a Dog Hugger. I don't want to mess around with the paint or the markers at Crayola...just the crayons...I want to draw with crayons all day to test their quality AND I want to name the new colors. Oh! And I want to decide what colors get retired. As far as Dog Hugger goes...I want to play with cute dogs and hug them...I would even feed them, but I want someone else to clean up after them and take them to the vet.
  • My blog name is Just Ducky, but I HATE feathers. They totally and completely freak me out. I like rubber ducks...they are cute and have NO feathers... It's really sad, if I'm sitting eating a meal and I see feathers--I get a dry heave/gag reflex thing. I don't know why...I'm a freak...It's OK...I accept it.
  • I love the art created by the artist Shag. His real name is Josh Agle. His work has such a '60s vibe to it. It's weird at first to see all of the ladies in his artwork have pointy boobs, but his use of color and happy, party themes is cool....http://www.shag.com/
  • I read the comics online almost everyday. I definitely have my favorites...Pearls Before Swine, Get Fuzzy, Brevity, Off the Mark, F Minus, Reality Check...I read them over at www.comics.com. The cool thing is that they have the comics accessible from everyday of the previous month, so even if you miss a week or so of reading them--you never have to miss out.
  • I grew so tall so quickly--when I was in the 5th grade it actually broke my left leg. I grew 8 inches in 3 months. I had to have a cast on it for 8 weeks. I was 6 ft. tall (which is my current height) by the time I was 13.

I don't even know if I can come up with 6 people's blogs to tag...http://www.kbattles.blogspot.com/ -my sister-in-law, and the first 5 people to read this blog post (unless you've already been tagged)! Is that a cop out? Maybe a little...wait a minute...I don't even have 5 regular readers...oh good grief...how depressing/embarassing...I'm going to go schedule an appointment with a therapist now...(and Leslie, I haven't forgotten about your meme tag...)

**Origin of the phrase "Heavens to Murgatroyd"...I didn't make it up people...I'm a pop culture sponge!....http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/heavens-to-murgatroyd.html


4 comments:

Burbanmom said...

Wow. That growing tall thing? A little bizarre, I must say! Did your kids end up with that too?

Also, I'm an early 70's product and a totally 80's chick. What's this "Psych" show? What channel and day? I'd like to check it out!

Thanks for playing, Duck!

just ducky said...

Psych is on the USA Network on Friday nights. The first season is out on DVD if you do the "Netflix" thing...if you appreciate my humor at all--this show will make me look like a TOTAL amateur...

As far as my kids go--they are both the tallest kids in their classes, but they aren't as tall as I am...and it doesn't appear that they will be. They've had growing pains, but not the freakish leg-break thing that I had.

Anonymous said...

Beaker! and the Swedish chef! And the King Prawn!
Ducky, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but these memes ARE chain letters, and the teenagers, and the puppies...direct result of having ignored memes in the past...

Chus said...

This is what I think: Heavens to Murgatroyd