Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Snow up to my eyeballs...

I'm back in Minnesota. My trip to Florida was good. I ate at a FANTASTIC place in Indian Rocks Beach, FL called Guppy's. It was truly, truly yummy. I highly recommend it. And now I'm glad to be back in my own bed, however we had literally a record snowfall this weekend! We received 16 inches of snow in the town I live. My husband had to use the snow blower three times this weekend. When I walk down the sidewalk, the piles on both sides go up to my knees! On the street corner (because of the snow plows and such) the piles are honestly up to my chest and sometimes my shoulders! And the most interesting part...we are supposed to get MORE snow today...ugh...I know I live in Minnesota and that means snow, but more snow on top of an already record snowfall is crazy!!! The plows and dump trucks end up taking the excess snow from the streets to the corners of parking lots like Wal-mart, Target, etc. You should see those piles of snow---honestly as tall as a house and taller. My dog is loving it though. He likes romping around and chomping on the snow. My husband likes throwing snowballs for the dog to chase. I'm pretty much done with the whole thing though...bring on spring...ah, yes...that would be quite ducky....

1 comment:

Kathy said...

we even got some of the white glitter here. It's gone now, but the girls even had the school day off because of it. Geez...a couple inches and schools cancelled. That's California for ya!